Appropriate Use of School Loop
- School Loop is a tool for students to use to take responsibility for their learning.
- School loop should be reserved for academic purposes. It is not to be used for chatting, instant messaging, spamming, and emailing your friends.
- Regular assignments and tests can take up to a week for teachers to grade and publish on School Loop.
- Long term assignments, compositions, and projects can take up to several weeks to grade and publish on School Loop.
- Grades will be published on Mondays. We recommend that students check their grades once a week on Monday evenings.
- Please note that teachers give priority to work turned in on time when updating grades weekly. Assignments that are turned in late with a ZAP take extra time to update in the gradebook.
- All homework will be posted on the board in the classroom and on School Loop and available daily.
- Students need to listen in class for instructions, notes, and changes to homework assignments and record in their planners.
- Unfinished class work should be finished at home as homework.
- Grading cumulative assignments such as binders and reading and writing notebooks are addressed in the teacher’s syllabus and at Back to School Night.
- Before you email your teacher, try to find the answer to your question by looking through your planner, checking School Loop, talk to a classmate, check notes, etc.
- Please email your teacher when you have an academic concern or need.
- When emailing a teacher, please remember to do the following:
Use proper English and remember that you’re writing to an adult. Do not use text message or IM language and don’t forget to say Please and Thank You.
- Please note that teachers may not check email after the school day ends.
Purpose of School Loop for Parents
- School Loop is a reference for parents to use to stay informed about their student’s learning, school news, and access general school information.
- The WRMS teachers strive to respond to every email they receive as quickly as possible. An abundance of emails can take time away from preparing lessons for students.
When to email the teacher:
- We encourage parents to first ask their student any questions that they may have, instruct their student to communicate with the teacher directly, check school loop, and then email the teacher.
How often should parents check grades and assignments on School Loop?
- We suggest that parents check grades and assignments once a week and encourage their student to record their assignments in their planner during class.
- Please encourage your student to check School Loop once daily for assignments and weekly on Mondays for grades.